© Reuters. Teenagers pick their favorite brands
- Piper Jaffray is out with the results of its annual Taking Stock With Teens Survey. Adidas (DE:ADSGN) and McDonald’s are two brands that made notable gains with teens over the last year, while Ralph Lauren (NYSE:RL) and Nike (NYSE:NKE) fell back in comparison to last year’s poll. The top brands listed by the 10K teens included in the survey are posted below.
- Top clothing brands: Nike (NKE) 23%, American Eagle Outfitters (NYSE:AEO) 11%, Adidas (OTCQX:ADDYY) 4%, Forever 21 4%, Hollister (NYSE:ANF) 4%.
- Top handbag brands: Michael Kors (NYSE:KORS) 31%, Kate Spade (owned by Coach) 16%, Coach (NYSE:COH) 14%, Louis Vuitton (OTCPK:LVMHF) 6%, Vera Bradley (NASDAQ:VRA) 6%.
- Top footwear brands: Nike 46%, Vans (NYSE:VFC) 12%, Adidas (OTCQX:ADDYY) 11%, Converse (owned by Nike) 7%, Birkenstock 2%.
- Top restaurant chains (average income): Starbucks (NASDAQ:SBUX) 12%, Chick-fil-A 8%, McDonald’s (NYSE:MCD) 6%, Olive Garden (NYSE:DRI) 4%, Buffalo Wild Wings (NASDAQ:BWLD) 4%,
- Top restaurant chains (higher income): Starbucks (SBUX) 11%, Chick-fil-A 10%, Chipotle (NYSE:CMG) 8%, McDonald’s (MCD) 5%, Dunkin’ Donuts (NASDAQ:DNKN) 4%.
- Tech: No surprise, but linear TV was a less popular choice again as Netflix (NASDAQ:NFLX) and YouTube (GOOG, GOOGL) dominated with teen mindspace. Snapchat (NYSE:SNAP) was by far and away the most popular social media platform.
- Now read: Nike: Just Buy It